Wednesday, November 9, 2011

let's start from the very beginning...

This blog was born on a 13" macbook, sometime in the afternoon/evening hours of early November. I realize I'm late to the blogging scene by serious (and not so serious) blogger standards, but I tend to wait new trends out for a while to make sure they have staying power before I jump in. I'll admit, I knew blogs had staying power long before this blog came to fruition, but I never felt as though sharing any part of my life with the vast internet was something I would ever have any interest in doing. Nor did I think anyone would care to read my ramblings - but let's be honest, this is still how I feel. 


Truth be told, I'm hoping this blog will mentally/physically/spiritually help me survive my first winter in Chicago, or rather, my first winter - PERIOD. I was born and raised in the South. The deep South. I've driven in the snow once. And it was just flurries. Assuming I survive the first Chicago snow and the subsequent 'Snowmageddons' that are sure to follow, my goal is to catalog my daydreams and bits of inspiration here. Who knows? Maybe it'll help me get from one frigid day to the next. Time will tell.  


So without further ado, let's get this party started. 

1 comment:

  1. Dude! I just found your blog! What! Where have I been the past...what...5 months? Ok, I'm here now. Proceed. :P

    ReplyDelete