Monday, January 2, 2012

happy new year...

...and welcome to 2012! I'm pretty stoked, because this is the year I will marry my favorite person in the world. This also means I get to spend the first half of this year planning a giant party for this very event and it is going to be awesome (I thought about using 'the bomb' here, but I don't think people say that anymore). 

Also, I woke up this morning to a snow-covered world. I don't think that feeling will ever get old. It really is like waking up in a (snowy) parallel universe. The outside world saw my
big coat for the first time. It's warm, cozy and like getting a hug from a sleeping bag, which is a good thing because I'll probably be wearing it for the next 3 months straight. 

In other exciting news, Marc and I brewed our first beer Saturday! It's a fairly involved process and one wrong move can ruin the entire batch, but it is a blast.


 



We are at T-5 days until bottling. Hopefully it turns out good enough to share with friends, otherwise we will be drinking our own mediocre beer for a while. 

Happy Monday, friends. 

p.s. one of my favorite bloggers opened up her new paper shop today! I'm a fan. 

2 comments:

  1. How did the brew turn out? And that pic of those hops... it looks like bunny food, or miracle grow sticks that you stick in the dirt to feed your flowers. Which, I guess, could also count as bunny food.

    I'm certain bunnies would eat 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brew turned out really good! And yes, the hops look exactly like bunny food. I'm pretty sure this was what we fed our rabbits.

    ReplyDelete