Friday, April 13, 2012

happy weekend!



Did I mention spring arrived in Chicago? Well, it totally did. Everything is a-blooming and green again. Temps still dip into the 30s, but if I had any doubts about spring being here, they were washed away today when the largest centipede I've ever encountered found himself in my apartment. I literally yelled when I walked in the room and saw him and continued to make loud noises until I mustered up the courage to kill him. I still shudder at the thought. Have you ever had to psyche yourself up to kill a bug? That's what I had to do. I even had to turn the fan on because I started sweating. Sure, I may have not seen a single roach since I've moved up here, but what roaches are to the south, centipedes are to Chicago. Except, instead of 6 legs, we're talking like, 100 (thank goodness they can't fly). Bleeghidshigsa;fjidasnvd; Enough to give you the heebie jeebies, for sure.

Marc is off to his bachelor party this weekend in Texas, so I've got a lovely girls weekend ahead, complete with some top secret wedding projects + The Hunger Games. I'm pretty pumped.

Happy Spring, friends. May your weekend be restful and centipede free. 


photo by Bonnie Tsang

No comments:

Post a Comment