Friday, April 6, 2012

happy easter



I wanted to post something on Monday about how I had finally mailed out invitations, but I couldn't quite find the right picture for the post expressing how elated I felt. Naturally, I ended up not posting anything and just playing around on the internet like it was the last day of its existence while sippin' on a caramel frappe I treated myself to for my accomplishment.

Since the big mail-out, I have been even more excited to hear people's reactions to the invites. Not that I am seeking their praise, and not to say that positive comments don't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, because of course they do. I've just been working really hard since Jan/Feb to create the whole invitation 'suite' (ugh, does that term make anyone else want to vomit? It sounds so hoity, but I've yet to come up with another one to use in its place), and as I was assembling them, it felt very much like wrapping up a little paper present that I put tons of time and love and care into for all our friends and family. And you always want people to like the gifts you give them, right? So far, so good.

I'm looking forward to sharing some photos of the invites here on the ole bloggy-blog soon. And I'm also pumped to start blogging on a more regular basis again.

I hope all you kids out there have a lovely Easter weekend!

flowers via lyla & blu


2 comments:

  1. Candice, we got our invitation yesterday and it's freaking awesome. First of all, I do not want to repondez BECAUSE I want to keep that adorable postcard forever and always. K? ;) Second, love the llama. Genius. Before I got the invite, I could not really understand how you had been spending so much time on these, but now I totally get it. Well worth the effort. And the website? Rocking. I'm just so giddy about the actual wedding because I can only imagine how fun and amazing it's going to be. Did you draw everything yourself? Those talented art classes paid off.

    You're on your own with coming up with a word other than suite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm soo glad you liked it!! It seems that you're not the only one who doesn't want to respondez, either. We may have to promise everyone copies later in order to get responses, or maybe set up something on the website to respond. Hmm, we'll figure out something. :)

    And the website is rockin' isn't it? That was all Marc's doing. Pretty amazing how quickly he pulled that together AFTER working his 12+ hour shifts. What a rock star.

    Yep, I drew everything. Talented art paid off, I s'pose. :) And I also spent a probably embarrassing amount of time searching for fonts too. I think people thought I was pretty ridiculous and dramatic when I told them that I had been completely consumed by wedding invites for so long. But I literally made every part of the invite - from envelope liners to rsvp cards. I'll do some more posts in detail about the whole process. It was a doozy.

    ReplyDelete